Ugh. Going back to school has wreaked complete havoc on my sleeping habits. Not that they were that good before, but now I find myself regularly staying up to three or four am and then sleeping in way too late. I've got to start changing that. Seriously, it's so depressing to wake up on a winter Saturday at noon and realize you've only got a few more hours of daylight left.

In other news, we got NO snow yesterday. The hell is up with that? I'm not going to like Bloomington if it means a wimpy winter. I like my seasons to be SEASONS - thus, a winter with real snow and lots of it, not just slightly colder temperatures. When I graduate, I'm moving to Edmonton.

Also: I think I'm going to try to go to church tomorrow. I don't know where yet. I've been so ambivalent about church lately. I just haven't worked out my feelings towards Christianity and where exactly I fit within it. On the one hand, I love the feelings of connection and fellowship that come from a really good experience with the body of Christ, on the other hand, there are just so many BAD experiences to be had out there that it scares and depresses me. So on the whole I've been lazy about the whole thing and found it easier to just sleep in on Sunday mornings. But I've got to stop that. I've been craving spiritual meat lately. The only question is whether it exists to be found in the churches around here. I'm sure it does, but sometimes it's hard to convince myself that it's worth putting in the effort to find it.

1 Comment:

  1. The Roths said...
    Kristi,
    I was reading your blog and noticed that you are in search of a church. Here is a link to the church that John and I went to while we were living there. We really enjoyed the message each week and found it to have good life applications. I hope this helps. http://www.exodusbloomington.org/

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home