Um, hi...

Wow. *dusts off blog*

It's been way too long since I've updated this thing. I've been busy but happy lately. I've started my new job as a young adult librarian at the Normal Public Library, and it couldn't be going better. I love my coworkers, and the teens are great. I promised Alida and the others at ACPL that there's no way that the teens anywhere else could beat them in awesomeness...well, I'm sorry, Alida, but these guys do come pretty close! I miss everybody at ACPL still, of course, but I'm starting to feel really settled in here, and I'm excited about future possibilities with this job. I'm the sole young adult librarian here, so I'm in charge of everything in the department, as well as helping out with general adult reference duties. There's a lot of stuff to learn, and sometimes I feel so inexperienced when confronted with all of these new duties, but I'm also glad to have this opportunity. Luckily all of my coworkers have been great about helping me learn the ropes. There's just a lot I'll have to learn as I go along. I'll post again soon with more details about the job, but when I realized how long it had been since I'd updated my blog, I wanted to make sure to at least post a brief message to prove I'm still alive.

3 Comments:

  1. Carole said...
    well I, for one, am glad for the proof you are still alive. I was beginning to have my doubts...

    Your job sounds great; challenging, with lots of responsibility and the support you need to thrive. Best of luck!

    Carole
    Anonymous said...
    How could you say that. They stole you from us. You can't love thieves as much as you love us.
    Anonymous said...
    That was supposed to have a question mark there. At the beginning.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home