Another year

Well, it's 2008, and I haven't updated in a while. Christmas break is almost over - I head back to Bloomington tomorrow for work, and start classes again on Monday. It's been a nice, mostly uneventful three weeks. Rich and Amy visited, which was great. We watched our traditional holiday movies, White Christmas, Elf, and of course, A Christmas Story. Lots and lots of food was eaten, and I'm deliberately not thinking about the weight I likely gained. I knitted three scarves for Christmas presents but neglected to take pictures of any of them before they were sent off to their new homes. Oh, and I finally broke down and bought an ipod using some Christmas gift cards, and am already wondering how I survived without one so long.

As far as the new year goes, I have made a couple of resolutions, first and foremost being to lose weight and get in shape. To that end, I have entirely given up drinking soda, at least for this month, and if I start up again in February my intake is going to be drastically reduced. I'm also going to cut way down on fast food runs and quickie frozen dinners. It's so easy to fall into that trap when you're a busy grad student, but it's been horrible for me and I vow to do better about actually cooking this year. We'll see how it goes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home