I have a job!

So the job interview yesterday went really well and I now have a job with the young adult department at Allen County Public Library. I'll be covering the reference desk and also helping to coordinate their Homework Help program - working to set things up with the adult tutors who come in, keeping stats, etc. It's only for 15 hours a week, but with a strong possibility of more hours eventually becoming available after I graduate. They want me to start right away, and luckily the hours they need me and the hours that I'm available worked out well enough that I'm planning to spend Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays in Fort Wayne working at ACPL, and the rest of the week in Bloomington finishing up my last semester of library school. It'll be kind of awkward, but it's manageable, and it's only for the three months until I graduate. Then, once I officially have my MLA, my pay will go up by about a third - nice! Plus not having to pay big bucks in gas money, of course. I'm also under no obligation to stay if I find a full-time job elsewhere before they're able to offer me more hours, although ideally I'd love to stay within the ACPL system if it's at all possible. So overall, it looks like it's going to work out really well for all involved, and I'm excited!

5 Comments:

  1. Joel said...
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
    Joel Aric Schwartz said...
    Woohoo!!
    Carole said...
    Kristi, that sounds fabulous! It's nice to be able to work part time till you finish school and then be able to decide if you like the position enough to stay on full-time. Congratulations!
    Anonymous said...
    Sorry to be a stalker (the link is totally on your facebook), but YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I'm so excited for you. Imagine lots of happy squeals here. Can't wait to give you congrats in person :-)
    library chicken said...
    Congratulations! Welcome to ACPL. We can knit together!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home