Old timey music

This week while I was packing up my apartment, I pulled out several albums I hadn't listened to in a long time - Wilco's Summerteeth, Radiohead's The Bends, and the Verve's Urban Hymns. It had been years since I'd listened to any of these, at least all the way through, and yet I found that I still knew the songs just as well as if I listened to them every day. It's odd how music can stick to you that way, or how a song or album can remind you so vividly of a particular time and place. All of these are CDs I bought back around the end of high school and beginning of college, and listening to them brought back those years and all I was experiencing at the time so clearly. It turned out to be great music to pack to - as I'm embarking on a completely new stage of life, it was nice to look back on old times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home